Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Without really meaning to I guess that I did make my last post the last one for awhile. When I said that it was more out of frustration than anything else. It's just been one hell of a week around here. We dropped youngest off in S.F. last Mon. That was an experience unto itself. Afterwards Summer and I went out to lunch and walked on the beach. Then it was off to SFO to pick up my parents on their way home from their vacation.

Then Wed. we went to my aunts funeral. My family really needs to try to set up a reunion some time. I saw people that I haven't seen in years. The only time my dads side of the family gets together anymore is for funerals. When we got home that night I started yet another blog. This one is for family. To keep everyone up to date on how things are going for us. So that has been taking some time.

I finished scanning all of my parents old photos and am now starting to scan my grandmas. I've also started to create my first DVD. Talk about a pain in the ass. It's going to be a lot more work than I originally thought. Silly me. DVD's are a lot of work!

Went back to S.F. on Fri. to meet with the therapist and visit our son. It's amazing to me how some people think changing jobs or work schedules is as easy as snapping your fingers. We were told that because of our work schedules that we are basically raising our kids as if we were single parents. DUH! So the therapist told me that I should go back to working day shift and things will get better. A lot easier said than done. To go back to my old schedule would give me a pay cut that I can't afford. Then I would have to go back to my old crew and boss that I don't get along with. Then it will cut down my chances of permanent promotion down to nothing. So she suggested that I get a new job entirely. Honestly where do these people live? What fantasy world is it that easy to just find a new job? Like IO said summer of 2006 I was offered a job that would be doing the same as I'm doing now, would pay me twice what I make now, but I would be home less than I am now. I would work 10-13 hours a day 6-7 days a week. I would also work all over the state and sometimes go into Nevada. So I would live in a hotel when I wasn't at home. how easy would that make things? To live in her fantasy world would be wonderful.

We go back to see him tomorrow and then again on Fri. When we see him on Fri. we get to bring him home with us. It'll be nice to have him back. As quiet as it has been here we really miss him. The past week without him has been kinda nice in it's own way to. We were able to clean the house and it stayed clean. We have been able to focus more attention on our Oldest son this past week and that has been nice too. We finally had his 13th birthday party. Just a few weeks late.

That's going to be about all for now. I have to get ready for another IEP meeting this afternoon.

2 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Been thinking about you and Summer. Glad to see the update. I understand, to some degree, the frustration you're experiencing. We've had similar job situations and be told the same thing, as though jobs were something we could pluck off of a tree.

Good thoughts continue for all of you...

Summer Rose said...

FADKOG - I have to agree with you, we both cannot change jobs, Ch loves his work, he's not pissed off at his boss any more, he's much more happier, than when Ch first started working with the state. Sure the hours suck, I would rather see Ch happy than being miserable.
S.R.