Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where to start?

Last week at work I was talking to one of the guys that ones a ferry I'm in charge of. He told about a situation that he is going through with his wife. It brought back a lot of memories for me. He and his wife are going through the same thin g that Summer and I did a few years ago. He intercepted a call from a guy that hung up when he answered. So he checked the caller ID. There were a lot of calls from the same person. He checked the caller ID on the upstairs phone and all calls from the guy were deleted. He looked at the cell phone bill and found that in a 1 month period she called the guy over 200 times. All of the calls coincided with the times that he left the house to go to work. He would leave and the first call would be made less than 5 minutes later. Sounds really familiar with what happened with us. The other thing is that our "guy" was a firefighter, and his is a policeman. So he'd done the same thing that I did. Went and looked at all the phone bills for a few months. The amount of calls is unbelievable.So he went a step further than I did and kicked her out of the house. So now he's living in a 5 bedroom home all alone.

Well to say the least it brought back a few memories. I told him about what Summer and I went through and just listened to him. He's not sure if he can trust her again and asked how I was able to trust Summer again. I didn't really have an answer. It just takes time. Our situation wasn't exactly the same, just eerily similar. So yesterday while I was downtown I happened to see his wife out in front of a bar getting touchy feely with a guy at the entrance. I have met his wife a few times and am 99% sure that it was her. So as someone that he has confided in about the situation should I tell him this? Or should I just keep quiet? I'm not sure what to do especially since she's not staying at the house anymore. Any thoughts?

In other news youngest son returned home on Fri. We drove to S.F. to get him and he was happy to be coming home. We had a good time driving home and went to see my parents after dinner. He hadn't seen them in 6 weeks. It was nice to have him home. But nothing really changed. We are just sitting here waiting for them to get the recommendation written up and sent to Kaiser. Then we will go from there to see what the next step is.

Well it's time to try to catch up on some reading. I've been negligent in that aspect as well as the posting aspect.

5 comments:

Rob said...

"So as someone that he has confided in about the situation should I tell him this?"

Obviously - no! You wouldn't be doing him any favors but just causing him more inner pain. Even though he confided in you, it's really none of your affair so keep supporting him but MYOB. One never knows if they might ever reconcile but if they do, you'll be glad that you were discrete and kept quiet.

for a different kind of girl said...

What was so exactly said above me, I totally agree with. You can be a sounding board, but it may be best to MYOB in this regard and other times when harsh opinions may be requested.

Glad to hear you had a pleasant time with the kids and your parents!

Phyllis Renée said...

I would have to agree with the others. Don't even mention it.

Summer Rose said...

Nice to see again Rob, where have you been hiding? I have to agree with the others here don't even think about it. In other words you are blessed with someone who loves you very much.
S.R.

Recovering Soul said...

I agree with the others UNLESS the guy tells you that she is trying to get back with him and telling him it is over with the other guy. Then, he should know.