Sunday, May 13, 2007

Nothing new

Things are neither getting better or worse. Just kinda in a limbo state. We had an IEP meeting on Fri. with the school. They had us fill out some paperwork with the county that is asking them for assistance with figuring out whats going on. Just what we need. Someone else to give us the run around. Everyone at the IEP said the same thing- there is no rhyme or reason for the outbursts. There is not one single thing that will set him off. What sets him off today will be perfectly fine tomorrow. What calms him down in the morning will set him off at night. There is no pattern at all. So we are going to try and have him go to school half days instead of full days. See if that makes a difference. We've only got till the 15 of June then school will be out. I told them that we want him in the non public school next year.

Still don't know what that means- non public. To me non public means private. But this is not a public school. Whatever. They are a national school from what I remember. At least they are in several states. Not all of them.

Enough about that. Happier thoughts.

Went fishing again on Fri. This time Summer came along with us. Started off pretty bad. The place we were at was terrible. Every cast we would get snagged. Youngest and I lost at least 3 fish each due to the snags breaking our line. So I got a little upset and went to a different spot. Turned out to be a good move. For me anyways! :D I got 4 catfish there. Summer reeled the first one in. Brat! It was the first fish on that pole and the reel. They were both virgins. She had to go and steal my stuff from me.

I B-B-Q'd some burgers on the beach and my sister came along to sit with us and spend time with the kids. In the middle of us eating she comes out and says "Well I guess it's now tradition in our family that we have some type of "issue" to deal with every 6-7 months. First it's *cousin* then it was *cousins dad*. So I guess now it's my turn."

That was it. That's all she said. How crazy is that shit? Not that she "came out" but that she just said it in that way while we were eating our dinner. So I guess it's hereditary. Interesting. She already told my mom but as of telling us still didn't tell our dad.' She has no intentions of telling grandma though. Grandma took it hard enough with our cousin and then his dad (her son). But she is coping with it. But my sister says it's going to be harder for her to accept that about my sister because she (to put it in her exact words) "plays for both teams, and grandma would see that as a choice". So what if it's a choice. As long as your happy to hell with what others think. That's just me though.


Yesterday we went to the May fair. Rode a few rides, walked the fairgrounds and ate fair food. This section is small because of how small the fair was. We walked the whole thing in an hour.

Almost forgot about the best part of the weekend. After we got home from fishing and got the kids to bed I got my red head back! There is something that is just so sexy about red heads. I've had a thing for red heads since I was a little kid. Well Summer had me dye her hair red for her Fri. night. Not just red but intense red.

When we woke up Sat. morning I had forgotten about it. Till she cam out of the shower. That was it. One look at her with the fiery hair and I just had to have her. So she needed an extra shower. :D

Last of all Happy Mother's day to all the mom's out there.

5 comments:

Therese in Heaven said...

At least your weekend did have a bright spot. And it sounds like a very nice bright spot! :)

Hope you're able to get everything sorted out with your son. I can't imagine the stress you and Summer are under right now.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a gooooood weekend to me...hang in there on the kid stuff.

for a different kind of girl said...

Wow...I've just had the chance to catch up here. I've been way behind with everyone. There's a lot to absorb here, but it was nice to read that there were, as others have said, bright spots to your weekend. Of course, when there is fiery red hair in the picture, how can there not be bright spots!?

Ok, seriously though, after reading through all this, know that I'm thinking of you two and your kids and saying some prayers for you. Lots of stuff here I'll never fully be able to understand, of course, but I can take when you unload.

Recovering Soul said...

sorry to hear about things still not going great. We'll keep you guys in our prayers

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! :)

Hang in there ... sometimes (ok most of the time) the school systems will make you want to yank your hair out!