Monday, July 09, 2007

It's been quite a long time since I have been here with anything of real substance around here. Honestly I have no good reason for that either. I've been running around pretty busy here lately.

  • Things around the house have been on a slight upswing. Youngest moods have seemed to stabilized. He still has his moments but they are getting to be less frequent and when they do occur they aren't lasting as long. At least that is my observation. I'm sure that SR's will be different. He is a totally different child after I go to work and he is alone with her.
  • Oldest son spent the weekend with my sister last weekend. We went up there for dinner Fri. night and got to meet her new girlfriend.
  • Since youngest son didn't get to spend the weekend with her Summer and I took him to go see a movie on Sat. evening. We went to go see Ratatouille. It was a pretty good movie. It was also the first movie I ever went to that I walked out in the middle to get the free refill of popcorn. I always buy the big one with free refill but never get the refill. I'm just a sucker.
  • The movie experience was a good one though. It was his first trip to a movie theatre. He did really well. Sat there the entire movie and watched in silence.
  • Two weeks ago we went camping at the family reunion. That was a good trip. Although there weren't as many people there as usual. My great uncles family wasn't there this year. He has Alzheimer's and isn't doing very well. They aren't expecting him to last much longer.
  • Summer and I have been getting along swimmingly lately. I think she's still excited about her new car. Hell I'm still excited over the new car. It's a gas guzzler though. Well let me rephrase that. The mileage is good on it for a V8. It gets the same mileage as the Explorer. So that is actually pretty good. The thing is that it has a 22 gallon tank. Damned expensive to fill. Especially at 3.15 a gallon.
  • Just a few more days until Summer and I take off for Reno. The trip is going to be great! We're going to Circus Circus for the night. We leave at 8:00 in the morning Sat. and won't be back till Sun. night. I can't wait! So far the itinerary is based on buffet food. We're eating dinner at the El Dorado Sat. night. The we're hitting the Atlantis for their buffet brunch Sun. morning. At some point on the trip we will be hitting Sportsman Warehouse too. I'll be like a little kid in Toy's R Us. It's the hunting/fishing mans toy store. I'm all giddy.
  • We have nothing else planned for the trip. Except of course hot crazy hotel sex. We might spend a few dollars in a slot machine but that's just for the free drinks.
  • You know a funny thing happened the other day. Summer was having a bad day and was kinda depressed. I told her that the reason for the depression was due to lack of sex. I told that it is scientifically proven that people that have sex more frequently are less susceptible to depression and are happier in their day to day lives. Since that talk we have had sex 3 times in 36 hours. And guess what? We're both happier people! (I have absolutely nothing to back up what I said.)

  • That's all for now. Just dropping in to say that things are going pretty good from my point of view. I can't wait for Reno this weekend.

4 comments:

2amsomewhere said...

There was a study published a few years back that concluded that semen made a good antidpressant in women (not taken orally, either).

Semen acts as an anti-depressant

--
2amsomewhere

Summer Rose said...

Yes I have to agree, it's been better since we've started a new program for C, he even starts school tomorrow.
S.R.

for a different kind of girl said...

Here's me not complaining (too loudly) that it just cost me $50 to put 16 gallons of gas in the mini at $2.99 a gallon. What's that? Why, yes, it *did* in fact depress me. I suppose I should call and tell my husband....

2amsomewhere said...

I suppose I should call and tell my husband....

Just don't call him with your cell phone while refueling. That's a big safety no-no. ;-)

--
2amsomewhere
(chewed out once many a year ago by an irate convenience store clerk)